Whyzzi wrote:
Hi gang. Running a lightweight mail server here (50 users total) on
OpenBSD, and being the cheap bastard that I am I am looking forward to
scripting a nightly backup onto some DVD-RW media. Can I assume that
dump/restore is out of the question because of the special commands
burners require to begin the writing process? And if that is indeed
the case, any recommendations or uber cool few liners that would have
say get maximum compression of the contents in /home where all related
mail is stored (sendmail/procmail-maildir/dovecot). BTW: Happy
Holidays to you and yours!

You could dump to a file piped through gzip/bzip2, then copy that to CD/DVD. I back up several OpenBSD machines at work by dump|bzip2 to an nfs share on Windows (SFU), then the Windows box gets backed up to tape. (No Commvault agents for Open.) Works well and doesn't require changing our existing corporate backup process.