> Le 13 août 2015 à 08:41, Mike Larkin <mlar...@azathoth.net> a écrit :
>
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 06:40:33PM -0700, Mike Larkin wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:00:49PM +0200, Joel Carnat wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Anyone here succeeded in having Windows Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2 run
>>> in qemu-2.2.0 (OpenBSD 5.7/amd64) ?
>>>
>>> Mine keeps going BSOD on installation. Most of documentation I found was
>>> Linux-centric so I may miss some OpenBSD trick.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>  Jo
>>>

>> I just installed Server 2008 datacenter without any issues.
>>
>> I'll try some other versions later.
>>
>> -ml
>>

> Server 2008 datacenter 32 bit installed fine.

Ah. I only tried 64 bit versions.

> Any later version requires 64 bit and doesn't work on TCG (unaccelerated)
> qemu. This is a qemu bug, not an OpenBSD bug.
>
> Apparently with a couple of diffs floating around on the qemu mailing
> list, you can at least get past the 5D BSOD, but you just end up
> getting whacked by PatchGuard after a few minutes due to other bugs
> in qemu. And then someone fixed^Whacked around that issue and got
> further, but then broke app compatibility in some cases.

Yep, that’s what I read too.
I was hoping there were good news I didn’t found.

> See:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-08/msg02161.html
>
> and
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-09/msg01412.html
>
> and
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-07/msg03729.html
>
> I'm not sure what you were after, but if you just need "any Windows
> server", 32 bit server 2008 runs fine (albeit very slowly, like 25%
> native speed).

Well, I’m just thinking of replacing my ESXi with an OpenBSD server with Qemu
instances.
It’s not for production purpose ; just trying/checking a few things on recent
MS software.
Speed wouldn’t be an issue. I just need to have them work ; from time to time.

Regards,
   Jo