Here are my notes, which are basic, but should be enough to get you through if
you're familiar with openbsd.
http://www.tedunangst.com/flak/post/OpenBSD-on-ERL

Hi Ted,

I just worked through the /pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/octeon/INSTALL.octeon write up and also read through your notes.

Had problems getting the boot loader to work with either bootcmd. It booted but ignored my rootdev option. I finally managed to get it booting through using
'fatload usb 0 $loadaddr bsd; bootoctlinux $loadaddr rootdev=/dev/sd0'
Any ideas to this?

Furthermore your notes said it to be a bit weak as a ipsec gw, I actually was trying to use it as a small VPN box with ipsec with a 10M-50M through-put, can it handle this?

Cheers
Kim