On 2015-08-20 08:47, Paulo Coimbra wrote:
Hi all,

I'm now doing some tests with openbsd+pf+queueing. My scenario is:

[MIKROTIK 1] ----------------- [OPENBSD BOX]--------------[MIKROTIK 2]

I've configured vlan 100 with physical interface em0 at openbsdBox and
mikrotik 1, and create two queues (vlan100_in and vlan100_out) to limit
bandwidth at 10M each direction. But... It doesn't works.

[snip]

queue v100 on em0 bandwidth 1000M
queue vlan100_in parent  v100 bandwidth 10M default
queue vlan100_out parent v100 bandwidth 10M

[snip]

pass in quick on vlan100 set queue vlan100_in
pass out quick on vlan100 set queue vlan100_out

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Queuing only works on packets that are *outbound*.  Once inbound packets
have arrived, they are already present.

So, if you want to limit the rate of traffic from the Internet to your local LAN, do so when those packets are forwarded by the router. Those are outbound
packets, and they can be queued.