Em 31-08-2015 23:38, Quartz escreveu:
> Quick question: I need to make a decision between a faster single core
> and a slower multicore. The faq currently states that pf gets no
> improvement from mp. Is this still correct/current information?

Not anymore. There has been some work on mp support, although I don't
think it made 5.8. Nor that it will make 5.9, for that matter.

> For an OpenBSD machine acting as a gateway/firewall/router with a
> handful of related tasks (pf, dhcp server, etc) would mp yield anything?

Of course, yes. Just because PF doesn't get any benefits (yet) from MP,
it doesn't mean these other programs won't. That being said, you'll
probably be ok with a single core. But, if you machine have no problems
with it, using MP won't hurt, and will definitely improve your performance.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini