I'm sorry I'm not familiar with either of the processor's you're
describing. In the vague terms you have given,

I haven't described any specific models yet, I'm being a little vague because I was looking more for general guidance than having the list debate the pros and cons of dozens of different specific motherboards. The sort of stuff we're looking at are various Intel Atoms, Celerons, modern Pentium lines (eg, N3700), and a variety of things from AMD. There's a wide range here, so I'm trying to figure out where we should start looking first.

I am 100% that the answer is
use the multicore setup.

OK