On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 04:43:09AM +0000, mark hellewell wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 at 18:37 Remco <re...@dpub.nl> wrote:
>
> > You've got 3 separate audio devices, azalia0, azalia1 and uaudio0.
> > azalia0: probably HDMI audio which isn't supported yet AFAICT
> > azalia1: on-board audio detected as audio0, sndiod normally attaches to
> > this
> >          device so all audio played on your systems is played through that.
> > uaudio0: your USB "Tiny-in-One 23" device, sndiod doesn't attach to this by
> >          default.
> >
> > To make sndiod use both devices you can add a line to your rc.conf.local:
> > sndiod_flags="-f rsnd/0 -f rsnd/1"
> > where rsnd/0 represents audio0, exposed as snd/0 by sndiod, and rsnd/1
> > represents audio/1, exposed as snd/1.
> >
> > Specifying either snd/0 or snd/1 in your application determines which
> > device
> > the audio is played on.
> >
> > If you want the USB device to be your default device you could try swapping
> > the parameters:
> > sndiod_flags="-f rsnd/1 -f rsnd/0"
> > If that doesn't work, try:
> > sndiod_flags="-f rsnd/0 -f rsnd/1 -s default"
> >
> > I hope this helps.
> >

> Hi, and thanks for your reply!
>
> With:
>
>     sndiod_flags="-f rsnd/1 -f rsnd/0"
>
> in /etc/rc.conf.local sndiod does indeed appear to try to make the uaudio0
> device the
> default, however when I try to play audio (vlc, chrome) I now see the
> following in /var/log/messages:
>
>     Sep 20 14:07:40 obsd /bsd: uaudio_chan_open: error creating pipe:
> err=INVAL endpt=0x01

hi,

Support for USB controllers and hubs is still incomplete. Basically
in the following cases isochronous transfers (used by audio devices)
don't work.

- ehci controllers with hubs between a usb-1.1 device and the
  controller doesn't work (bug causes packet corruption). It
  somewhat works if there's only one device on the hub and no
  full-duplex is used.

- xhci doesn't work at all for audio.

according to your dmesg:

uhub0 at usb0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
uhub3 at uhub0 port 10 "GenesysLogic USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/48.46 addr 5
uhub4 at uhub3 port 4 "Genesys Logic USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/32.98 addr 6
uaudio0 at uhub4 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "CONEXANT

the device is attached to xhci.

So try to find a port of the ehci root hub, if you can't then try
at least to find a port connected to ehci and disable full-duplex
(add "-m play" before "-f rsnd/1"). Possibly disable xhci (try
"boot -c" on the boot prompt), in which case it will show as ehci.

-- Alexandre