Hello,
I'm not sure to understand correctly somme points :
1. A snapshot is a build made at one time of the developpement, more
recent than *-stable* flavor.
It is not *-current*. Can we consider a snapshot as an unreleased *5.8*
at this time. Or is it above *5.8*?
2. In odrer to build the system, one can choose :
    - to follow *-current* with `cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -P src`
    - to follow *-stable* with `cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -rOPENBSD_5_7 -P src
`

Is it possible to upgrade from 5.7 yo 5.8 using this flag :
    cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -rOPENBSD_5_8 -P src

3. If one use a 5.8 snapshot (i.e [1] ), is it possible to apply updates
for 5.8 *-stable* later? And if so, what PKG_PATH should be used to stay
on 5.8?

    PKG_PATH=http://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/`uname
-m`/

then switch to

    PKG_PATH=http://ftp.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.8/packages/`uname -m`/

when 5.8 is released?
The missing packages must be replaced with ports build until the 19 Oct?

Sorry for the long message. I know the best  is to use *-current* or a
*-stable* flavor, but I wish to understand these points in order to keep
things clean.

Regards

[1] : http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/install58.iso
--
Thuban

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]