Denny White wrote:
> When f-prot tries to update in root's cron, it reports fatal
> error, can't find unzip. Unzip is located in /usr/local/bin
> which is in root's path env:
>
> PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/sbin:
> /usr/local/bin

WHICH "root's path env"?
When root logs in?  or when root's crontab runs?  That's two separate
environments...

> Have tried unzip from deep into directory structure and it works,
> comes up fine. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong. Works fine on
> my old hp netserver running fbsd_5_4. Can't find any major differences
> in the setups. Thanks for any & all help & advice.
> Denny White

replace your invocation of unzip or whatever you actually have in your
cron job with a "echo $PATH" and see what your path REALLY is when the
program executes.

Something funny about the way your line broke there...gotta wonder if
that "/usr/local/bin" is on a separate physical line...assuming that was
in the crontab in the first place...

Nick.