There is a general "mantra" many apps havenot just yaws, that real oses that
realy matterand make a difference are regarded as secondhand citizens(do it
yourself if u really need it) forthe simple fact that are no so "popular".On
the low end of the spectrum are those popular osesthat are supported in a
right out-of-the box manner.
Erlang peolpe were supposed to be Unix(ok, Sun) people.What happend with this
linuxcentrism?
Even if I make a report , the Makefiles are so polluted with sendfilethat I
dont see anybody to take change them.

     On Friday, October 2, 2015 12:40 PM, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+open...@erix.ericsson.se> wrote:

 On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 08:19:28AM +0000, Bogdan Andu wrote:
> Running linux in production is not an option, for me at least.
>
> I was surprised too. They put it recently into deps tree.
>
> Is disabled at run time, but is required
> at compile time..
> I have scrambled the Makefiles and rebar.configs
> and rebar.config.scripts and got rid of sendfileand compiles and runs fine
on OpenBSD (amd64/5.7)
> So, basically I have a non-sendfile-Yaws tree. Hurray!

Report that to the Yaws project.  They should not make themselves dependent
on features that are optional for Erlang and system dependent.