Looking at http://www.openbsd.org/papers/tame-fsec2015/

When I first heard of "tame", I thought there would be a problem with
log files. I assume that is what the "Whitelist path feature" is being added
to try to solve.

I wonder if a new system primitive could solve the log file problem in a
different way.

If the primitive could remove a file under a running program giving the old
contents a new
name, and any other program that had the file open would just see it as if
truncate was called on that file.

Such a primitive would be used by the log rollers. If log rollers did use such
a primitive
they would never need to recreate or reopen a log file.