On 2015-10-05 10:18, Eric Furman wrote:
> Its been explained to you already.
> You're just being a troll now.

Hey, give the guy a break. You have *all* so far misunderstood him,
despite his question being correctly worded and clear enough.

He *is* talking about disklabel, and the file system types you enter
when you create or modify partitions using the partition editor
(disklabel -E).

And he is right, they are poorly documented. It took me some digging
through the source to even find a list of accepted types, but I haven't
been able to find any *documentation* apart from source code about what
each type does and where it is applicable to use it.

Anyway, Mikael, if you look in /usr/include/sys/disklabel.h you'll find
an array char *fstypenames[] where you can see the list of allowed
types. I think the only relevant ones in normal use are unused, swap,
4.2BSD, RAID and possibly MSDOS and ISO9660. Someone please correct me
if there are other types in regular use.

Regards,

/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny Lofgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,