On 10/05/2015 12:29 PM, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:
On 05/10/15 14:35, David Coppa wrote:
On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 1:18 PM, C.L. Martinez <carlopm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi all,

  I have installed an openbsd vm to works as a hostap for tablets and
smartphones (android and iOS).

  All it is working ok: pf, hostapd and dhcpd server. All tablets and
smartphones that I have tested works ok, connects and surfs Internet.

  But now I am thinking to use some type of auth (user/pass using a
SSL/TLS
channel) instead to use wpa/wpa2 keys.

  Sometime ago exists this project: Chillispot
(http://www.chillispot.org/)
but it seems discontinued.

  Someone knows any type of project/software to accomplish?? I would
like to
keep simple as much as I can.

Thanks.

You could try CoovaChilli.

https://github.com/sevan/coova-chilli/

http://coova.github.io/

Ciao
David

Another option you could look is authpf(8) which is in base.
Not web based captive portal, but similar setup with ssh.

Thanks to both ... Previously, I am thinking to use authpf, but there is a problem: I need to install a ssh client in these tablets and smartphones .. If I could find any front-end to use with authpf, it will be the perfect solution.

About coova-chilli: well, maybe it is the only solution if I can't use something similar to authpf. But it seems "too heavy" to maintain ...