Op Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:06:45 +0200 schreef Markus Rosjat <ros...@ghweb.de>:
Hi there,

I have a spamd running in greylisting mode and maintain my own blacklist
that I update manually. So far so good yesterday I just did a quite
radical adding to my blacklist :) and I noticed my outgoing traffic
jumped from around 500mb per day to 3,2gb per day. I checked the traffic
with tcpdump and it was no strange traffic going on just my mailports
and the 25 for the spamd. So my question is, could the radical adding of
IPs cause this (and yeah its a lot because I added some ranges)?  As far
as I understand it when some IP is on a blacklist it get redirected to
spamd right away by pf and then I get some traffic going on. If a IP is
not on the blacklist and not known Greylisting jumps in an sends the
server away to come back later to decide if it goes through or on the
blacklist. So by adding a lot of possible spammer on a black list in the
first place I generate traffic with them.

Could someone confirm this ?

Adding to a blacklist shouldn't increase traffic. I suspect there is an error
in your pf.conf.

--
(Remove the obvious prefix to reply privately.)
Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/