On Oct 15 18:19:12, paol...@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to create an embedded amd64 installation, with system running
> on a 8GB 233x CF card attached to an Intel ITX mb.
>
> In order to minimise nand wear off, I would like to put on ramdisk (the
> machine would have 2GB ram, so I believe enough also for that, but I still
> can upgrade it to 4GB if needed) the parts of the file hierarchy with most
> intensive system write I/O, like, for instance, /tmp and I imagine some
> parts of /var.
>
> My questions are two:
> 1. What are the dirs I should take into account to go to ramdisk?
> 2. What is the correct filesystem type to put in fstab for all the entries
> of point 1. in order to store them in ramdisk?

You give no information about what the machine is gonna do.
Do you actually expect "intensive I/O" in /tmp or /var?

I have been running my home router/dns/mx out of a 4GB CF card
since 2009, treating it as any other installation,
and never had a single problem.

Unless you have a specific reason not to,
treat your CF card as any other disk.

        Jan