On 10/23/15 22:15, Tuyosi Takesima wrote:
> today i first time follow current .
>
>         # cd /usr
>         # export CVSROOT=anon...@anoncvs.jp.openbsd.org:/cvs
>         # cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -P src
>           cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -P sys    <---------------
> 1)quetion
> is [cvs -d$CVSROOT checkout -P sys] needless ?

Worse than needless, you are inventing (wrong!) things.  Nowhere on the
OpenBSD website does it suggest "checkout -P sys".  (that command does
"work", but it drops things in the wrong place.  No harm in this case,
but no function, either.  And the fact that it works at all surprised me
-- turns out that's a special CVS "module" you accidentally tripped across).

> and
> Faq write about only src not touch sys .
>         # cd /usr/src
>         # export CVSROOT=anon...@anoncvs.jp.openbsd.org:/cvs
>         # cvs -d$CVSROOT up -Pd
> 2)qustion
> does src include sys ?

Yes.

Follow instructions, feel free to examine what happens and figure out
why, but don't assume you understand what is going on and make your own
process until you understand the documented process.  And then stick to
the documented process anyway. :)

When you start inventing your own process, there's an almost infinite
number of ways to go wrong.

Nick.