http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/src/Makefile?rev=1.125&content-type=text/plain

> > is still referring to ${SUDO}
> >
> > here is the result.....
> >
> > # make build
> > cd /usr/src/share/mk && exec /usr/bin/sudo -E make install
> > /bin/sh: /usr/bin/sudo: not found
> > *** Error 127 in /usr/src (Makefile:75 'build')
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> The sudo application moved from built-in to ports.  See the details in
> the Following -current FAQ:
>
> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20150703
>
> Greetings I use the FAQ 5.3.5 to build userland
it works on amd64 and i386
5.3.5 - Building the userland
There is a specific process used by OpenBSD. Processes used on other OSs you
may have been familiar with will most likely not work on OpenBSD, and will
get you laughed at when you ask why.

    Clear your /usr/obj directory and rebuild symbolic links:

        # rm -rf /usr/obj/*
        # cd /usr/src
        # make obj

    Note that the use of the /usr/obj directory is mandatory. Failing to do
this step before building the rest of the tree will likely leave your src
tree in bad shape.

    Make sure all the appropriate directories are created.

        # cd /usr/src/etc && env DESTDIR=/ make distrib-dirs

    Build the system:

        # cd /usr/src
        # make build

    This compiles and installs all the "userland" utilities in the
appropriate order. This is a fairly time consuming step -- a very fast
machine may be able to complete it in well under an hour, a very slow
machine may take many days. When this step is complete, you have newly
compiled binaries in place on your system.