On 2015-11-02 13:33, Alan Corey wrote:
I'd never tried it before but it's saving me a lot of babysitting to
start the next build compared to doing them one at a time.

There's probably a way to do this but I'd never tried dpb because I
didn't have a list of pkgpaths to feed it.  I could query sqlports I
guess, but a command-line flag to pkg_info to have it give full
pkgpaths would be good.  My goal is to be able to make a list of
pkgpaths on a machine, save it, put in a new hard drive, do an OpenBSD
install, then run dpb on the saved list of pkgpaths.

Hey, Alan.  I've been an end-user of dpb() for some years. It's the
bees' knees. A couple of hints which may help:

* out-of-date(1) produces pkgpath output, which I use with dpb -R for
  -stable package builds.

* pkg_info(1) has a -P option, which along with -mq produces a nice list of
  manually installed pkgpaths.

And my hyperthreaded P4 now gets detected as MP?  Neat.  Just jumping
it from 5.0 to 5.7.

5.8 was released October 18.  :) :)