On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Sonic <sonicsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to report that the diff does not solve the timeout problem here.
>
> All was working fine with the if_em* versions from 2015/09/29 (I
> downgraded to this version per Stuarts post on 10-14):
> "try backing out the last commits to
> if_em.c and if_em.h ("cd /sys/dev/pci; cvs up -D 2015/09/29 if_em*") to
> see if it makes a difference."
>
> However, that version no longer compiles with -current and the
> watchdog timeouts are back (even with the diff).

Is there anything else I can provide to assist in finding a cure for this issue?
I get sporadic timeouts even under normal usage, but starting a
bittorrent on a client brings the firewall to its knees. And as all
the firewalls I manage use the em driver I cannot take a chance on
upgrading any of them to -current.

Thank you,

Chris