Hi all,

I'm replacing a security appliance that was on OpenBSD 5.5 with the
new hotness on OpenBS 5.8. Everything is going smoothly except email.

The box is connected to a private network, it has no route to the
internet.

I'd like it to listen on localhost only and relay all mail to a host
running smtp on the private network.

I can see from the logs that opensmtpd has used DNS to find the MX
record for my domain smtp.example.com and it trying to contact that
host directly. That's due to a mistake in my previous mail
configuration. /etc/mail/smtpd.conf now reads:

## ------------------------------------------------------------------------
#       $OpenBSD: smtpd.conf,v 1.7 2014/03/12 18:21:34 tedu Exp $

listen on lo0

table aliases db:/etc/mail/aliases.db

accept for local alias <aliases> deliver to mbox
accept from local for any \
        relay via smtp://smtp.pvt.example.com as @example.com

New mail to ch...@example.com works fine.

How to I tell smtpd to re-route massages currently in the queue to the
smarthost at smtp.pvt.example.com?

--
Chris

      __o          "All I was trying to do was get home from work."
    _`\<,_           -Rosa Parks
Christopher Sean Hilton                    [chris/at/vindaloo/dot/com]