On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 03:46:59PM +0000, Luis P. Mendes wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   I know that development time is not a determinisc thing, but
>   nonetheless I'd like to know if it's closer to one, six, twelve (or
>   more) months until we get the possibility to run Linux guests
>   through vmm.

No idea.

There are about 100 other things that are more important to me than
running Linux guests. And those 100 things will have my attention before
I focus even one minute on working through Linux guest support.

If *you* wanted to take on the challenge, I'd say the first thing that
needs to be done would be the bootloader, once I get the rest of the
userland bits in. Once committed, go look at usr.sbin/vmd/loadfile_elf.c
and retrofit it to be able to load a linux kernel with proper kernel
args/cmdline support, then come back with your diff.

-ml