03 дек. 2015 г. 4:27 пользователь "Luke Small"
<lukensm...@gmail.com>
написал:

> I want to be able to use systrace for privilege escalation for kompare for
> sysmerge diffs and kate. Why isn't systrace able to do this?

Because noone wrote a systrace policy for Kate and Kompare (for your
installation and user) yet? That's without mentioning that it would be hard
to restrict those applications in a correct manner: they do use a lot of
system resources by just being nice KDE apps.

That being said, I won't expect much security problems in Kompare itself.
Kate is more complex, but still doesn't run in terminal. Thus Kompare and
Kate likely not being hurt by some crazy escape codes in patch files.
Anything else lies outside of usage profile you're talking about, if I
understood you correctly.

--
Vadim Zhukov