Tati Chevron <chev...@swabsit.com> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 06:21:41PM +0200, Timo Myyrä wrote:
>>I noticed issue with mg scroll-up keybinding when "xterm*locale: true" is
set in
>>~/.Xresources.
>>When the above option is set, mg requires that you type C-v C-v to
scroll-up
>>instead of single C-v. I'm not sure if this is bug or feature.
>
> ^V is traditionally used on UNIX like systems to 'insert the next character
> literally', for example if you type Control-V, Enter at the shell, you will
> produce ^M, or Control-V, Backspace will produce ^? which is a backspace
> character.
>
> This is what you are seeing, the first Control-v is swallowed before
reaching
> mg.

If that would be the case, shouldn't the mg insert ^M for when pressed C-v
C-m?
Currently it inserts newline.
Noticed following when trying this outside of mg in xterm running ksh.
With my full Xresources file, when pressing C-v C-m it inserts literal ^M to
shell prompt. In this xterm window the mg works normally.

In xterm running the stripped down Xresources, in shell prompt C-v C-m
inserts
newline as though C-v never happened. And there the mg requires the two C-v
calls to scroll up. Seems that I need to type C-v C-v C-m to get literal ^M
inserted to shell prompt. I'm not seeing how Xterm*locale:true should affect
the
C-v use in shell.

Timo