Recently updated a router from 5.2 to 5.8.  I had a working ddclient process
connected to and
fully working with DynDNS.  Trying to use same config, may have to tweak just a
bit.

My main issue right now is trying to get the ddclient process to run upon
booting.  In 5.2, I had
the following script in rc.local

if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/ddclient ] ; then
     echo -n ' ddclient'
     /usr/local/sbin/ddclient -file /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf
fi

This ran ddclient upon startup.

I've tried the same thing in  rc.conf.local with no joy, it won't start.  I
also commented that
out and tried

ddclient = ""

and also

ddclient = "-file /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf"

Upon every reboot ddclient is not running per a 'ps aux |grep dd' command.  Not
is there a pid
file in /var/run

ddclient will start manually.

Looking for some guidance on getting this running please.