Because there seemed to be more patches than normal in 5.8, and I am lazy and
there was lots of time over the holidays.
I thought I would compile the all the source rather than do the patches
piecemeal.

I have never tried to compile all the source, I ran into some errors.

First: Several make files 's have .sh files which must be executed. Those
files done have X permission on them.
             I took the simple approach to fix them just chmod all the .sh
files to 755.

Second: usr.sbin/rpc.statd needs  a sm_inter.h  which it cannot find the one
at seems to be correct ./lib/librpcsvc/sm_inter.h

Third: gnu/lib/libiberty needs a config.h which it cannot find.

At this point, I decided to just update the modules given in the patches.