On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 03:40:08AM -0500, STeve Andre' wrote:
> I got the following error below after updating my tree about 02:42 am
> Jan 9 EST.  Amd64 -current.
>
> I don't see anything special the the -current update faq.
>
> Are others seeing this?
>
> --STeve Andre'
>
> [...]
>
> tsort: pledge: Invalid argument
> cc: no input files

Well, maybe we should document that in -current update faq.

Several things occurs at near same time:
  - tsort was using the 2nd argument of pledge(2) : it has been
    corrected in tsort.c rev 1.35 (3 days old)

  - for preparing 5.9 release, we turn off this specific argument in rev
    1.143 of sys/kern/kern_pledge.c (2 days old)

So your "old" tsort (which use whitepaths in pledge) is incompatible
with the "new" kernel you just compiled and booted (as it don't allow using
whitepaths in pledge). And as tsort is used during building... "paf".

You should be able to recompile and reinstall tsort, before rerun your
make build.

Something like:
cd /usr/src/usr.bin/tsort && make clean && make obj && make depend && make &&
doas make install

Thanks.
--
Sebastien Marie