On 2016-02-05, Solène Rapenne <sol...@bsd.zplay.eu> wrote:
> Le 2016-02-05 08:33, Peter N. M. Hansteen a écrit :
>> I'm assuming I'm not the first to encounter this -
>>
>> The interesting part is when we start introducing OpenBSD machines to
>> the mix, and
>> creating users with the password hashes from Linux or Solaris fails,
>> apparently because
>> the hashes are not bcrypt hashes.
>>
>> I see two obvious solutions to this. Either
>
> Hi, there may be a third option, using bcrypt for passwords on OpenBSD.
> See man 5 login.conf, field localcipher
>
> I never tried but it should do what you want.

OpenBSD already supports bcrypt, but only supports bcrypt (in base, anyway;
you could of course provide a bsd-auth authentication type to handle something
else, the interface is reasonably simple to work with).

Another possibility would be to teach the other OS about bcrypt, maybe this
helps
http://serverfault.com/questions/10585/enable-blowfish-based-hash-support-for-crypt/11685#11685