On 2016-02-15 10:15, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
..
I think it got reverted by:
..
but I'm not an expert so would wait on confirmation by Bob Beck.

Yes, I think you are correct, and it was indeed reverted.
..
But it looks like the functions that were introduced in the above
commit are still WIP and don't actually flip anything yet:

http://bxr.su/o/sys/kern/vfs_bio.c#buf_flip_high

307buf_flip_high(struct buf *bp)
..
313    /* XXX does nothing to buffer for now */
..
317buf_flip_dma(struct buf *bp)
..
324        /* XXX does not flip buffer for now */

Thank you for clarifying. This is a quite big deal, for anyone with lots of disk IO and RAM. This will be #2 on my OpenBSD wishlist for the year.

How complex is this to implement, and who would be able to do it?

May donor powers come to me or someone else this year to contribute. OpenBSD is the finest OS out there.