On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 09:08:35PM +0000, Gaby vanhegan wrote:

> >> Due to historical reasons, we're not running apache chrooted.
> >> This  is why they're in /tmp rather than /var/www/tmp, or any
> >> other place.
> >
> > historical ?
>
> There are sites on this machine that we've had since 2000, and that
> were running on various insecure os' from there before we made the
> move to OpenBSD.  I suspect that it would be a medium/large sized
> task to make these sites work under chroot, as well as reorganise the
> user home folders to fit in with this.

I would setup another box with the lasest release, chroot & all.

Setup dns for dev.customer-site.co.uk to the new box vhosts.

Advise customers to upload to that & test, with links to some howto docs.
(ie, get them to do the migration work)

Give them 3 months, then alter the dns and shut down the old box.

Craig