I just put together a new server with a Supermicro X11SSL-F motherboard
and a Xeon E3-1240L v5 processor, and was trying to install openbsd 5.8
on it. The install cd freezes while booting after it probes the USB 3
devices:

>>> xhci probe won
xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel 100 Series xHCI" rev 0x31: msi
>>> probing for usb*
>>> usb probe returned 1
>>> usb probe won
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
>>> probing for uhub*
>>> uhub probe returned 10
>>> uhub probe won
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
[system freezes here]

I also tried the latest snapshot install cd, same problem. If I disable
xhci, the installer boots successfully, although I haven't actually
tried installing yet. I don't really need usb on this box, so I'm not
really concerned if it's not going to work. It's not going into
production for a few weeks though, so if anybody's interested in looking
at why it's broken I could provide further details or test possible
fixes. Here's a dmesg of the snapshot install kernel booted without
xhci:

OpenBSD 5.9-current (RAMDISK_CD) #1737: Sun Mar  6 19:18:13 MST 2016

    dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/RAMDISK_CD

    real mem = 16976416768 (16189MB)

    avail mem = 16460062720 (15697MB)

    User Kernel Config

    UKC> do\^H \^Hiso\^H \^Hable xhci

     98 xhci* disabled

     UKC> quit

     Continuing...

     mainbus0 at root

     bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 3.0 @ 0x7fb95000 (59 entries)

     bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "1.0b" date
     12/29/2015
     bios0: Supermicro Super Server

     acpi0 at bios0: rev 2

     acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC FPDT FIDT SPMI MCFG HPET SSDT LPIT
     SSDT SSDT SSDT DBGP DBG2 SSDT SSDT UEFI SSDT DMAR EINJ ERST BERT
     HEST
     acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat

     cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)

     cpu0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240L v5 @ 2.10GHz, 2100.73 MHz

     cpu0:

FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,FMA3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,PCID,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,x2APIC,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,XSAVE,AVX,F16C,RDRAND,NXE,PAGE1GB,LONG,LAHF,ABM,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,FSGSBASE,SGX,BMI1,HLE,AVX2,SMEP,BMI2,ERMS,INVPCID,RTM,MPX,RDSEED,ADX,SMAP,CLFLUSHOPT,PT,SENSOR,ARAT

     cpu0: 256KB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache

     cpu0: apic clock running at 24MHz

     cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.1.2.4.1, IBE

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     cpu at mainbus0: not configured

     ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins

     acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)

     acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (PEG0)

     acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG1)

     acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEG2)

     acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 2 (RP09)

     acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 3 (RP10)

     acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 4 (RP11)

     acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 5 (BR4F)

     acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP12)

     acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP13)

     acpiprt10 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP01)

     acpiprt11 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP05)

     acpiprt12 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP17)

     acpiprt13 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP18)

     acpiprt14 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP19)

     acpiprt15 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP20)

     acpiprt16 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP14)

     acpiprt17 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP15)

     acpiprt18 at acpi0: bus -1 (RP16)

     acpiec0 at acpi0: not present

     acpicpu at acpi0 not configured

     acpipwrres at acpi0 not configured

[...]

     acpitz at acpi0 not configured

     acpitz at acpi0 not configured

     acpibat at acpi0 not configured

     acpibat at acpi0 not configured

     acpibat at acpi0 not configured

     acpibtn at acpi0 not configured

     acpibtn at acpi0 not configured

     acpibtn at acpi0 not configured

     pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0

     pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 vendor "Intel", unknown product
     0x1918 rev 0x07
     ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 vendor "Intel", unknown product
     0x1901 rev 0x07: msi
     pci1 at ppb0 bus 1

     em0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82571EB" rev 0x06: apic 2 int
     16, address 00:15:17:cd:0a:a2

     em1 at pci1 dev 0 function 1 "Intel 82571EB" rev 0x06: apic 2 int
     17, address 00:15:17:cd:0a:a3

     "Intel 100 Series xHCI" rev 0x31 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 not
     configured
     "Intel 100 Series Thermal" rev 0x31 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 not
     configured
     "Intel 100 Series MEI" rev 0x31 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 not
     configured
     ahci0 at pci0 dev 23 function 0 "Intel 100 Series AHCI" rev 0x31:
     msi, AHCI 1.3.1
     ahci0: port 0: 6.0Gb/s

     ahci0: port 1: 6.0Gb/s

     ahci0: PHY offline on port 2

     ahci0: PHY offline on port 3

     ahci0: PHY offline on port 4

     ahci0: PHY offline on port 5

     scsibus0 at ahci0: 32 targets
     sd0 at scsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk Ultra II, X411> SCSI3
     0/direct fixed naa.5001b444a442db8a
     sd0: 228936MB, 512 bytes/sector, 468862128 sectors, thin
     sd1 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk Ultra II, X411> SCSI3
     0/direct fixed naa.5001b44f2ef6eb0d
     sd1: 228936MB, 512 bytes/sector, 468862128 sectors, thin
     ppb1 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 100 Series PCIE" rev 0xf1:
     msi
     pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
     em2 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I210" rev 0x03: msi, address
     0c:c4:7a:b3:ca:54
     ppb2 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 100 Series PCIE" rev 0xf1:
     msi
     pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
     em3 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I210" rev 0x03: msi, address
     0c:c4:7a:b3:ca:55
     ppb3 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 100 Series PCIE" rev 0xf1:
     msi
     pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
     ppb4 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "ASPEED Technology AST1150 PCI" rev
     0x03
     pci5 at ppb4 bus 5
     vga1 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "ASPEED Technology AST2000" rev 0x30
     wsdisplay1 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
     vendor "Intel", unknown product 0xa14a (class bridge subclass ISA,
     rev 0x31) at pci0 dev 31 function 0 not configured
     "Intel 100 Series PMC" rev 0x31 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 not
     configured
     "Intel 100 Series SMBus" rev 0x31 at pci0 dev 31 function 4 not
     configured
     isa0 at mainbus0
     com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
     com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
     com1: console
     pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
     pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
     wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay1
     softraid0 at root
     scsibus1 at softraid0: 256 targets
     root on rd0a swap on rd0b dump on rd0b

Thanks...