On 03/07/16 20:07, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
On 3/7/16 1:55 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
On 3/7/16 12:43 PM, Noth wrote:
On 03/07/16 02:04, Theo de Raadt wrote:
Hey folks,

The website does not seem to have a lot of info on what CPUs are
supported.  I'm looking at this box for a home firewall with OpenBSD

http://www.corpshadow.biz/bizstore/apu1d-red-combo-kit-p-345.html?cPath=51

All of them work.

PC Engines APU models 1D & D4 and 2C2 & 2C4 are fully supported,
although you need -CURRENT or the upcoming 5.9 release to get the
correct identity of the thermal sensor. They're very good boxes for home
& SMB usage.
Not sure about the APU2b and c series yet.

The APU1* yes no issue, the 2* based on their own site it is not fully
working yet.

http://pcengines.ch/apu2b4.htm

But I do not have one for the 2* series to test, i have the previous
version.

Their site does show this clearly:

  BIOS is not feature complete yet, in particular -

• No boot from SD card.
• ECC not working yet.
• iPXE module not included yet.

So, this may need to be confirmed to be sure at 100%.

Do you have one of these boxes?
The original question was as to whether the cpu works.

Daniel, you are wrong.  The CPU works fine.  Furthermore, these
machines being talked about WORK COMPLETELY FINE.

Please stop the factless rumour mongering about hardware you don't have.
Not a rumor. That's why I asked as I said I didn't have one to test and
I can only go with what their site said. That's why I asked.

Sorry if that created confusion, but I am glad to know it is working.

I've beta tested the APU2 since November, and which features are complete, work flawlessly in OpenBSD.