I'm looking at x86 boot loaders, which consume 100% CPU at console (BIOS
PC console), when running on hypervisors.  Users usually boot kernel as
soon as a boot loader is loaded.  But when something wrong happens and
boot loader prompt is entered, and if its console driver busily polls
console, the problem appears.  (At least it is a problem for my customer's
use case.)

As far as I test on VMware ESXi 5.5, all of boot loaders of CentOS
6 (Grub 0.97), FreeBSD 10, and NetBSD 7 consume 100% CPU.   All amd64,
all PC (not COM) console.

I'd like to hear tests on other situations - different hypervisors,
different OSes, different versions, and different consoles (PC or COM).

Thanks for your help.