http://anoncvs.spacehopper.org/openbsd-src/commit/?id=c40e16771993e74275857863c928d7f9cffe3699
> - it's probably not all that complex to convert other logging daemons,
> but afaik nobody has yet felt the need to do this for any of the
> alternative log daemons in ports.
>
> If you don't want to write code and want to stick with socklog,
> the easiest way is probably a minimal syslogd(8) setup that
> forwards everything via UDP.

Hi Stuart,

Could you please clarify something to me? I am running a centralized
logging server using syslog-ng from the ports. The way I read your
e-mail is that I will no longer be able to log messages using syslog-ng
from the local host but the port will continue to work as expected.
Would I be able to run syslogd for the local host and syslog-ng for
remote hosts simultaneously? IIRC I saw people posting on misc who were
doing that in the past but I think when I played with it syslog-ng
didn't want to start until I turned off syslogd. How suitable is syslogd
from the base as a centralized logging server. I know that it supports
TCP and TLS now but does it play well with rsyslog or syslog-ng? I have
bunch of Linux servers to log.

Thanks,
Predrag