I have more up to date versions of these patches around here.

The problem with them is that fundamentally, the WAPBL implementation
as it is assumes that it may infinitely steal
buffers from the buffer cache and hold onto them indefinitely - and it
assumes it can always get buffers from it. While the patch as it sits
may "work" in the "happy case" on many people's machines, as it sits
today it is dangerous and can lock up your machine and corrupt things
in low memory situations.

Basically in order to progres WAPBL (renamed "FFS Journalling" here)
needs to have a mechanism added to allow
it be told "no it can't have a buffer" and let it deal with it
correctly.  The first part is done, the latter part is complex.