Yes. Inquiring minds want to know. When I perform the following command:

aucat -v 127 -f rsnd/0  -h wav -o junk.wav

junk.wav is a WAV file with no sound. Changing the device to default
changes nothing, nor does leaving out the -f parameter entirely, and if
I change it to rsnd/1, snd/0, snd/1, midi/0, rmidi/0, aucat aborts
saying "couldn't open audio device".

If anyone knows the secret sauce, please let me know. I was playing a
Youtube song, easily listenable on my speakers, while I did the aucat
commands.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21