I ran into that same behavior with a Debian client before lowering the
readsize and writesize in the NFS mount options (they defaulted to 64K I
believe). Try starting at 8096 and working your way up until you find the
failure point.

Brian Conway
Software Engineer, Owner
RCE Software, LLC

I was using nfs service on OpenBSD (amd64) since version 5.6.

The whole setup process repeats the steps in official FAQ on the OpenBSD's
homepage.
The problem was and remains (now in version 5.9 amd64):
in TCP mode the upload speed is about 20-30MB/s
which is quite acceptable for my needs, but the download speed is about
32Kb/s.

As a workaround I had set up the debain client to connect to my NFS-server
in UDP mode.
In that mode the speed was good in both directions.

In recent versions of debian OS the UDP option for NFS-client disappeared.
The question is: is it possible to fix TCP mode in NFS server or is it
still the problem of the NFS client?

Best Regards
Rodin Maxim