> But his point is still valid.

Yes? APU1x is old and tested, so I can bet that benchmarks are readily
available. It is over-popular already, full of examples and tests. The
user was interested in APU2x wich is totally different.

> He knew he had an inferior machine but it was still able to saturate a
> 150Mb/s line.

Where is your logic? Inferior looking at what? How much is 150Mb/s?

> These requests for 'Real World' numbers are almost always stupid,

No! Those are the real ones, the rest are just numbers.

because the people asking are almost certain to never need the max
amount of bandwidth even a modest machine can supply.

Wrong again. The market is full of applications demading power and
power. Look in the browser world!

> Really? Are you actually considering this box for use at the
> telecommunications provider you work for?

You have no idea how many boxes like that are deployed in the
production environments.
My provider is offering 1Gb/sec in its own ISP network, at my door for
aprox. 10 euro/month. That is 1ooo Mb/sec and it can be reach most of
the time. So , do I really need a box to handle that? And this is home
install.