Travers Buda wrote:

On Friday 06 January 2006 14:46, Ted Unangst wrote:
i had an afternoon free and nothing better to do.  i probably stored
about 10k of data on a cgd partition for about 5 minutes to see if it
worked, then deleted it.  the stats with encrypted svnd are pretty
similar, though i think i used one as long as an hour one time.

I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding. So are you saying that you designed svnd because you were bored, that you built it without any ends in mind, and that your purpose was not to protect your data, but only to kill time? I'm not accusing you of poor programming, I'm just wondering how desireable encrypted filesystems are to the developers of OpenBSD--which seems like a for-us-by-us to me.

Travers

I'm not a developer of OpenBSD, but I know that encrypted filesystems are not at all important to me - not even on my latptop. If I have something so sensitive, then I'll encrypt the file(s) themselves. I must reluctantly admit that *almost* none of the info on my hard disk is classified, eyes only, or even special. The black helicopters are pretty easy to shake, so I'm not worried about the rest.

--
Darrin Chandler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]