Hi,
I'm setting up NIS for my home network using OpenBSD on the
server-side.  However, when I try to make changes (ie. to the
passwords) on the client side (Gentoo Linux) it responds with an error
(without any information on what that error is).  Upon attempting to
do the same operation on the OpenBSD box, it responds with an error
telling me "Couldn't change YP password information.".

Am I understanding correctly that I am supposed to be using chsh -y?
chsh without the -y only changes the local data without modifying the
NIS-stored data.
--
Thanks,
Lachlan