I often use virtualbox to run openbsd-amd64 and lately I haven't been able
to "ntpd -s" and make it update the clock, which may have been after
several days. It often adversely affects my use of google products, as they
update their keys often and if the clock is wrong, it says there is a
security issue with the secure connection.

I realize there is an interest to assure that the clock remains accurate
and I saw in a video where Theo was receiving ntp signals that attempted to
radically change his computer's time.

Is there a way that ntpd can have an extra argument that could allow for a
large time shift? Maybe where it asks you to confirm the time and date when
the time shift if the received date would otherwise be ignored?

-Luke