On Fri, 13 May 2016, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:

There is no safe bet here.  Pick whatever you want, and you'll loose
eventually.  Or maybe you won't, but only if you are lucky enough.
Parsing HTML manually is probably the safest option, albeit ugly.  You
will still suffer from bugs in your HTTP(S) tool though.

Pick whatever you want?!

The problem with browsers is, that one must take what others want,
normally Internet Explorer.

A browser is an ugly piece of fatware that one must use, unless you
forget the WEB. I survive with firefox, to extract content from heavy
web pages like newspapers, w3m (also lynx and links) can be
very helpfull. I did not find a better alternative. As time passes,
there are less alternatives. Opera was usable some years ago, not
anymore.  I suspect that with HTTP/2 and HTML5 the whole "developement" is
getting worse.

Well, I am lazy and let run the Web Browser in my computer. Better
is perhaps to have a computer (BSD or something else) for serious
things, perhaps without internet connection, and a browser machine
(PC with Windows, Mac, Linux, etc).

Rodrigo.