li...@wrant.com wrote:
> Defending read only file systems on a writable medium is pointless, but
> your option, which does not qualify as a bug report.  Now read one book.

Wrant, calm down and curb the attitude please.
You often come up with good stuff here, and there are even things you have said
in this thread which I agree with, but show this attitude the door.
Snide remarks and associated rudeness (eg. "Now read one book"),
unsubstantiated blanket statements (eg. "X is pointless"), and baseless
accusations (eg. while discussing UPS issues) do not add anything of value to
this discussion.
This wasn't a bug report either. This was mainly asking for clarification about
what's going on; that's what was given.

Just because people come up with reasoning that you don't agree with, doesn't
automatically make it dumb or pointless.