On 1/8/06, Jonathan Weiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would really appreciate having mergemaster in the base system.

Or at least a mention of it in the upgrade FAQ [
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade38.html ].  Even just something like
"Some people find the sysutils/mergemaster port useful for updating
/etc; pay particular attention to the -r and -t options in
mergemaster(1)." would be nice.

I only found out about it through this list, after having done my
first upgrade (3.4 -> 3.5) with a rather time-consuming recursive diff
of /etc.  Needless to say, I was a bit perturbed.  "You mean OpenBSD
has mergemaster just like FreeBSD and I didn't have to do that long
diff perusal?"

-Andrew