On Mon, 2016-05-30 at 13:58 +0200, Marko Cupać wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2016 20:24:00 +0800
> Teng Zhang <unixrea...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't adjust  the time for OpenBSD and my life appropriately. Could
> > you please share your experience with me about how you adjust your
> > time between OpenBSD and your life.
> > thanks for any reply.
> >

> Strange, when you put it that way it looks like there are two opposed
> things: OpenBSD and Life. OpenBSD _is_ life, or at least part of life.
> If you feel otherwise I guess you need an acid trip, or some other way
> of achieving spiritual discovery ;)
> --
> Before enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.
> After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

The wisdom of philosophy, with which science seems to be concurring
nowadays:

“all acts have for their basic purpose the attainment of happiness ...
All humans by nature seek happiness, or what they believe to be the best
possible life for humans ... It is not within our power to seek anything
else”
Robert Almeder on Aristotle, ‘Human Happiness and Morality’ (2000), p.
152

"The fear programme is obviously designed to get us away from things
that are likely to harm us. If we had to make an analogous claim about
the purpose of the happiness system, we would be most likely to say that
it is there to keep us moving towards things that are likely to be good
for us in some appropriate biological sense--mating, good food, pleasant
environment--and away from things that are bad for us."
Daniel Nettle, ‘Happiness: The Science Behind Your Smile’ (2005), p. 38

Taking the plunge, or diving in, it can sometimes take a few moments to
get the big picture of you life back into perspective when resurfacing.

Lorenzo S. Littles, in The Happiness Handbook (1993) has a routine that
he drills into the reader throughout the book:

[ ] THINK - “tomorrow’s happiness and contentment” (p . 28)

[ ] FOCUS - ...

[ ] VISUALISE - “today’s plans and actions [that] will create
tomorrow’s
happiness and contentment.” (p . 28), “put together a plan, step by
step” (p. 20)

(quoting from Littles also, on the topic of visualisation, “Imagination
is more important than knowledge.” Albert Einstein (p. 17))

Notes

Re. the actual Aristotle quote on happiness, 'Greek/translation'
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Greek-2004/2010/2/translation-38.htm

For an informal 'non-scientific' introduction to the science of
happiness I would suggest The Nature Of Happiness, Desmond Morris (2004)
(can usually be picked up online for a few pence from a second hand
bookshop).