Sat, 4 Jun 2016 12:37:14 -0500 Chris Bennett
<chrisbenn...@bennettconstruction.us>
> I am following the same procedure for each snapshot I install.
> Download files to one USB hard drive, boot bsd.rd, install to other USB
> flash drive and reboot.
>
> But I have a problem, the install are on another drive that's not even
> mounted. So I have to mount, cd to directory and manually run sysmerge.

Here is an idea: download to your home directory on the laptop the latest
snapshot and install on the main hard disk in the system.  This also works
great for consecutive upgrades from newer snapshots by copying over bsd.rd
in the root of the disk and booting from it.  Installing to a USB disk is,
very inconvenient for daily usage, it further limits you in the long run.

Later, for all systems this can be further improved to auto-upgrade
from the local network.  This is fully automatic, works flawless and
requires you to only manually review sysmerge and then upgrade pkgs.

All my systems run only OpenBSD installed permanently on primary drives.