If I change the router id of a remote ospf peer, I see
weird behavior. I am using -current as of Jun 3rd.

ospfd shows FULL state for the new router ID, but doesn't
install routes into the local rtable while the old router-id
shows DOWN in the neighbor list. (I need to reproduce this
again to see the effects on the ospfd rib/fib.)

The catch is, this only happens when the router-id is a
higher IP address than the local router-id. When the remote
router-id is a lower IP address than the local, the routes
seem get installed in the local route table immediately.

'ospfctl reload' gets the routes installed in the local table
(in the case where the the routes did not get installed).
The old router-ids do not ever disappear from the ospfd
neighbor list unless ospfd is actually stopped and
restarted.

I see similar behavior with ldpd, although the router-id
being higher or lower makes no difference. With ldpd, after
changing the remote router-id, ldp takes quite a while to
re-establish. The adjacency list (ldpctl show discovery)
never shows the correct router-id.

Chris