Sun, 19 Jun 2016 15:13:35 -0500 Chris Bennett
<chrisbenn...@bennettconstruction.us>
> > To ensure long life, it is more important to keep electronics cool.
>
> An excellent way to keep your firewall box "cool" is to put some nice
> OpenBSD stickers on the outside. Be sure to wear an OpenBSD tee-shirt
> while applying them.

Yes, stickers make good visual appeal, but they don't reduce temperature.
Usage of low noise reliable DC fans will do you more good than the these:

> And since we are talking about firewalls and "hot spots", you may want
> to keep your firewall inside of a room with a true firewall.
>
> So I think that deals with this whole problem of "hot spots" and
> keeping "cool".

Solved by sufficient air flow of standard room temperature (25 deg Celsius
or cooler, above condensation point) around the heat exchange radiator(s).

This takes away dissipated heat for any device with heat output more than
free convection naturally takes away.  Several degrees above normal temp
reduces the longevity of the devices exponentially (in years per degree).

> Go buy a CD set and some tee-shirts and all your problems are solved!

Then don't seek some flawed tutorial online, but start with the README.
Install as instructed, simple and easy, and don't worry about your SSD.

> I feel so cool having put this fire out!

And no more hyperventilating for you, Chris, you've had it for today ;)