The room temp is 68F (and does not fluctuate more than 2 degrees), and
the fans on the blade server move massive amounts of air.  The blade
chassis is not even half full yet (4 of 10), and none of the other
blades are having problems.  However that sounds possible as the problem
is intermittent, happening roughly 40% of the time.  My problem with
heat being the cause, is that it would most likely happen while running,
however the problem usually occurs after the server has been off for a
while, then powered up.  While powered off the fans are still running,
as this is in a blade enclosure.

I got a serial connection to the DRAC now, but cannot get OBSD to send
it's boot screen to it.

#cat /etc/boot.conf
boot hd0a:/bsd
set tty com0

I also changed /etc/ttys tty00 to
tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt100   on  secure

I'm guessing that this is not all I have to do to set the port to
115200, but haven't found another place to change it...yet.  I know the
default is 9600, but 115200 is what the DRAC is set to, and any other
setting causes connection problems with the DRAC. (Yes I changed it in
the BIOS, but 115200 is the only setting I have found to be reliable.)

I can connect to the DRAC from serial, and see the post, but once OBSD
starts booting I see nothing.  I'm sure I just missed a step (that's why
I haven't replied yet, I'm still trying to get that working.)  If I
could get the console to work when the problem occurs I may be able to
retrieve some usefull information.

BTW, OBSD ROCKS on this system, it's sofa king fast!

Regards,

Bob Bostwick

>>On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:41:12AM -0600, Bob Bostwick (Lists) wrote:
>>> I installed 3.8 on an 1855 with no problems about two weeks ago.
All my