On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 10:19:36AM +0200, Erling Westenvik wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 07:54:45PM -0700, Philip Guenther wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Daniel Wilkins <t...@parlementum.net>
> > wrote:
> > > Has anyone else been hvaing random reboots on current? The system freezes
> > > up for
> > > maybe 30 seconds or so, then reboots. I have a hunch that it's something
> > > with my
> > > wifi card because occasionally during a reboot it'll error saying
> > > something about
> > > MIC errors and then reboot, or just freeze+reboot during the netstart
> > > portion of boot.
> > > The other thing that makes me think it's network is that it tends to
> > > happen during
> > > relatively network heavy things, like when I'm doing ssh X forwarding
> > > while watching
> > > streaming video, but this isn't always the case.
> > >
> > > This is a recent thing that just seems to have randomly appeared; it was
> > > working
> > > fine before and then it started rebooting one day; I hadn't updated the
> > > snapshot
> > > although I've tried that since to see if it helped. There's no panic so I
> > > don't
> > > have any ddb info, but I've attached dmesg and dmesg.boot.
> >
> > Saying "before" without what that *means* leaves us guessing.  What
> > was the date of the snapshot or build you had installed *before* this
> > occurred?  Maybe it's still showing in an old /var/log/message.* file?
>
> And you should probably try upgrading to the newest snapshot released
> yesterday (Jun 19). AFAIK there hasn't been a new snapshot since Jun 2,
> which is the date in your dmesg(8), and there seems to have been some
> commits on iwn(4) on Jun 3.
>
> --
> Erling Westenvik

I upgraded to the latest snapshot while I was in class and the reboot happened
again
within 10 minutes of me getting home; guess there was no fix in there. The fact
that I was
fine all day when away from home has me convinced that it's an issue in the WPA
support
at least, since the problem doesn't manifest at all on open networks.