On 6/22/2016 6:51 AM, temp+...@frad.ir wrote:
> I used httpd for serving file in personal usages. I found that httpd is poor
> for large
> files and cause consuming resources for that purpose.
>
> I recommend using another http server, like nginx (I don't test that) or
> write a cgi
> (fcgi) for that purpose.

I found that adding the file extensions to mime types into httpd.conf
solved my problem and allowed streaming of video and music files.

I was serving lots of large files and they would eat up all my ram and
crashing httpd. I compared nginx's mime types to httpd and added in the
ones for my large files and have never had another issue.